Friday, December 19, 2008

The power's back on...yahoo!!!

I'm always very grateful when power is restored! It's not an uncommon event out here...just a part of life that was expected when we moved here. But it usually follows a windstorm and power's restored not too long after...unless it was an awful bad storm. However, this snow and cold factor makes me REALLY appreciate it's return :) It also makes me especially grateful for the linemen who truly put their lives on the line for us, much less having to work in the most unforgiving elements and be gone from their families for who knows how many hours.

Now an interesting side note: I have a way of knowing if the power has returned so I can go turn off the generator. I was just getting ready to wrap things up for the night when the power came on and the generator ran out of gas. Talk about good timing. But I'm going to get that generator filled with gas when I get up, because the snow isn't going to stop which probably means the power will go out again. I'm sure glad I have a good supply of gas...at least for now!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Aunt Meledie! I'm talking to you right now:) I'm excited to see you during Christmas break hopefully up in Washington. Get outside and make a snow angel! Lots of love!
    jarmandash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marty want's to get a back up generator. It's fun to have you join the blogging world. We love you a ton. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to hear about your power coming back on, although with the winds picking up this evening, who knows what will happen! Church is canceled, apparently. It's nice to have a secret way to check up on you and know all of your crazy goings-on. Keep in touch, and if you need a ride to the airport, give me a call. I learned to drive in the snow in Utah (Bountiful, no less, it's all a big hill!). Anyway, take care,
    Allison

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that you have a blog! It is so fun to read! Good job girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo!! We are so glad to see you on here!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete